Men who have been diagnosed with prostatitis are wondering if it is possible to have sex with prostatitis? But before you get an answer, you need to understand what kind of disease it is and what causes it can cause.
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate in men. The most common cause of inflammation is a bacterial infection that has entered the prostate through the urethra. However, for an inflammation to work, sometimes one infection is not enough. Prostate disease can be caused by the following factors:
- work associated with constant sitting, hypodynamic lifestyle;
- stool disorders, in the form of frequent constipation;
- frequent hypothermia;
- lack of intimacy for a long time or its excessive amount;
- obesity, overeating, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, spicy foods, constant stress;
The prostate is a gland measuring 3 x 4 centimeters and weighing up to 25 grams. It secretes a secretion that has a bactericidal effect. Therefore, it is considered that inflammation most often occurs through congestion in the organ, when its function is impaired and the secretion loses its properties. At that moment, the infection is connected, which worsens the picture. But how to deal with congestion so as not to cause the development of the disease?
Not so long ago, doctors came to the conclusion that sex can be considered the best drug you can imagine in the treatment of prostatitis and for its prevention. Today, experts increasingly agree that sex is possible and necessary in prostatitis, and that it is extremely useful.
During sexual intercourse, with the onset of orgasm, there is an active and strong contraction of the prostate muscles. It turns out a kind of massage, which increases blood flow to the gland. And this has a beneficial effect on her condition, eliminates the causes of the disease and shortens the recovery time.
Prostatitis cannot be considered a sexually transmitted disease because it is a purely male pathology. But if the inflammation is caused by any bacteriological infection, then it is worth using a condom during sexual intercourse so as not to transmit pathogenic microbes to the partner.
Also, you can't stop having sex during illness. Abstinence from inflammation of the prostate can even be dangerous, because due to stagnation of the secretion produced by the gland, complications can develop. In addition, abstinence can cause swelling of the gland and the formation of blood clots caused by blood stasis.
When a man has unpleasant symptoms that question his masculine strength, he may experience depression. Irritability appears, excessive nervousness, appetite is disturbed, he ceases to feel needed. Also, the man begins to suffer from insomnia, there is a lack of sexual desire.
A woman in such a situation should not stand aside, but be as tactful as possible, help the man and not let him get sick with all his thoughts. Only in this case, it is possible to renew harmonious sexual relations.
Since there is irrefutable evidence of the beneficial effects of sexual intercourse on the treatment of inflammation of the gland, it is important that this is done properly without damaging the body. Therefore, one should not rush to extremes. Everything should be in moderation. Sex during treatment should not be prioritized. However, the main treatment should be medication, and this method should play a supporting role.
To effectively get rid of the disease, you should listen to the recommendations:
- First, sex with prostatitis should be regular. The problem cannot be solved if you have intimacy only 1 or 2 times a month. But even daily "procedures" can make the disease worse. According to doctors, the golden mean is important in this matter, depending on the age of the man and his health condition. On average, the frequency of sexual intercourse applicable to all ages is 2-3 times a week. Oral sex, so as not to bring a new infection to yourself or your partner, is only possible with the help of a condom.
- Secondly, during the treatment of prostatitis, it is forbidden to change sexual partners, because the body is weakened, and the probability of a new infection increases, due to the possible entry of new microflora into the reproductive system. It may contain pathogens for which antibodies have not yet been developed, and since inflammation is already present, it can be dangerous.
- Third, those who do not have a permanent partner for intimacy, or those who do not have one at all (singles), are advised not to enter into casual relationships and do not wait for stagnation that can lead to illness. The only way out of this situation is masturbation. Although this method, for unknown reasons, is considered something of condemnation in society, it is able to save the gland from stagnation. Masturbation also helps to disperse stagnant blood in the pelvic organs, and the gland, thanks to this procedure, receives the necessary massage. But, as with the frequency of sexual intercourse, masturbation should not be exaggerated. The normal way of self-satisfaction is 2-3 times a week.
- Fourth, the practice of coitus interruptus should be avoided, as they contribute to the slow outflow of blood from the male genitalia, resulting in rupture of small capillaries in the penis and thickening of blood in the prostate.
Acute prostatitis and sex
In acute prostatitis, a man feels severe pain in the lower abdomen, as well as pain radiating to the genitals and perineum. At the same time, the body temperature can rise up to 39 degrees, and in severe cases even more.
The pain is accompanied not only by emptying the bladder, but also at rest. Therefore, in such a situation, it is unlikely that the patient wants intimacy.
But if you organize a competent treatment, after a few days the patient can feel better. Only after that, it is recommended to alleviate stagnation, treat prostatitis with sex.
Additional treatment measures
In addition to regular sex, it is recommended to use the allowed set of physical exercises (you will not have to pull the "iron" in the gym), to prevent obstruction of the prostate organs:
- This exercise is easy to perform anywhere: at work, in transport, while driving, lying on the bed at home, etc. To do this, you need to take a deep breath and inflate your stomach. After holding your breath for 10-12 seconds, exhale (on your stomach). In this case, it is necessary to retract the abdomen as much as possible, so that it, so to speak, "reaches" the spine. You need to repeat 3 to 7 times. During the day, it is necessary to do 3 series.
- Similar to the first, the exercise does not require a special place, and can be done in any position: sitting, lying or standing. Its essence lies in the fact that you have to pull the anus hard and stay in this position for 7-10 seconds. This should be done three times, and several approaches during the day.
- Next exercise: stand up straight, shift your weight to your left leg and swing your right leg back and forth. Start with 40 swings and progress to 100. Do the same for the left leg. It is also recommended to perform the exercise 3 times a day.
- Standing, alternately lean left and right, up to 30 times in one direction.
- This exercise is very important because it stretches the hip adductors. It is necessary to make a straight split, be sure to secure with your hands, and spread your legs to the side to the maximum distance. No need to sit on the floor. The main thing at the lowest possible point is to fix for 20-30 seconds. Every time you have to try to spread your legs wider.
- Sitting on the floor with your legs outstretched forward, step your buttocks forward and then back. Each buttock should be stepped 30 to 50 times.
- Lie on your back, lift your pelvis, bend your spine, rest your head on the floor. Lock in this position for 10 seconds Repeat 10 times.
- This exercise has been known to everyone since kindergarten and is called "boat". To perform it, you must lie on your stomach and put your hands behind your head. Bend your back while lifting your straight legs and chest so that the support remains only on your stomach. It is necessary to stay in this position until the moment of fatigue arrives. Repeat 3 times.
- Lie on your stomach on the ball. Roll the ball for 5 minutes, adjusting the body pressure on it with your hands.
- Sitting on the floor with straight legs, try to reach your feet with your hands. If possible, grab your fingers. Hold this position for 10 seconds. You should spend 3-5 minutes a day on this exercise.
- Exercise from school years - "birch". Supporting your lower back with your hands and resting your head on the floor, lift your legs. Hold for a few seconds (with increased pressure this exercise cannot be done).
- The last exercise will be a deep squat, with your legs shoulder-width apart. Squats must be done slowly, and their number should be from 5 to 7.
For the prevention of prostatitis, especially for men at risk (office workers with sedentary work, as well as those who work in a cold or humid environment and are exposed to hypothermia, drivers on long journeys, etc. ), it is recommended to follow some rules:
- For a man of any age, physical activity is very important. A visit to the gym is not mandatory, but it is recommended. If you have a sedentary job, then you need to set aside time every day for walking or running. This will improve blood circulation in the pelvis and reduce the likelihood of stagnation;
- as mentioned above, sex plays an important role in disease prevention and treatment. Important regular measured sexual contacts without perversions and excesses;
- it is necessary to eat food that is beneficial to the body as a whole and to the prostate. The diet should include: fish and meat (fatty varieties), vegetables and fruits, dairy products, compotes, juices and honey, as well as various seafood. You should refuse or limit the use of alcohol, carbonated beverages, onions and garlic, peppers and mushrooms.
- Hypothermia is also a factor that causes the development of inflammation of the prostate, which should be avoided. Avoid exposure to drafts and wear warm clothing;
- stress and overload cause a decrease in immunity, and as a result, the body's defenses. It is necessary to take care of good sleep and avoid nervous situations;
- a good, invigorating effect has a contrasting shower. This procedure improves immunity and improves blood circulation;
- Regular visits to a urologist can detect the disease in its early stages. It is much easier to treat a disease that is just beginning than an already developed pathology. If a man has been previously diagnosed with prostatitis, then it is recommended to come for a second examination every 3 months, in the first year. In the following years, it is enough to visit a urologist once every six months.
Therefore, prevention is an important condition for keeping men's health in shape. An important condition for prevention is a regular sex life. According to statistics, men who have sex at least 2 times a week (with a regular partner) are 60% less likely to develop prostatitis.