Such common male diseases as prostatitis and adenoma, with inadequate treatment or its absence, often lead to dangerous consequences, including cancer and infertility. Therefore, at the first symptoms, a man should consult a doctor. Only an expert can choose an effective remedy for adenoma and prostatitis. Treatment of prostate pathology by folk remedies is allowed only in the initial stage of mild form, provided there are no complications. If prostatitis or adenoma is complicated, severe or chronic, effective treatment is carried out only with drugs.
When is prostate treatment indicated?
There are different ways to treat prostate pathology. The best treatment for prostate adenoma and various forms of prostatitis can be chosen only by a doctor, taking into account the causes of the disease, the shape, severity of the disease and the age of the patient.
Before choosing the best drug for prostate adenoma, the doctor must rule out the need for surgical treatment of the pathology. Drug therapy is indicated provided that a positive response is given to all of the following points:
- excluded the possibility of prostate cancer;
- the patient has no direct indication for surgical treatment of the disease;
- no protrusion of the adenoma into the ureteral cavity;
- it is necessary to take into account the importance for the patient of maintaining sexual function and whether it is preserved at the time of his treatment;
- the man does not take other drugs for other diseases (reduction of blood clotting, diuretics, etc. ).
Before treating the pathology and choosing the most effective drug for prostate adenoma, the doctor should conduct the following studies:
- on ultrasound to assess the volume of residual urine and prostate volume;
- perform uroflowmetry;
- on the scale of symptoms, assess the severity of symptoms that bother the patient (problems with urea emptying or accumulation of urine);
- it is important to clarify the list of comorbidities (stroke, heart attack and diabetes).
Some men prefer folk remedies effective in the treatment of prostate adenoma, but they do not always give the desired effect. A really good natural or synthetic remedy will help you choose a doctor when a man addresses him with complaints.
In the treatment of adenomas and prostatitis, a number of drugs with different effects are usually used:
- If the pathology arose in the background of an infectious lesion, antibiotics are prescribed. These drugs destroy the pathogenic microorganisms that caused the disease. In pathologies of the prostate of infectious origin, antibacterial agents from the following groups are usually prescribed:
- Alpha-blockers are prescribed to relax the smooth muscles of the organs and facilitate the outflow of urine.
- Antispasmodics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs stop inflammation, reduce the tone of the perineum and muscle organs.
- Hormone therapy is performed in order to reduce swelling, inflammation and normalize urination.
- Herbal remedies have a complex effect (reduce inflammation and swelling, reduce pain, normalize organ function, protect against complications).